Before leaving for New Orleans tomorrow, I wanted to leave you with this: A truly scary sign of what seems inevitable in Evangelical belief. Check out the website here.
I watched the video and honestly, I have no idea what they are REALLY trying to say. Other than music being responsible for all the bad things in this country, there isn't much in the way of a message. I mean, I'm used to seeing music brought in to the whole "terrible influence on the youth, destroying our country, blah blah blah" thing, but it's always just ONE of many things that these people rail against. To see it stand alone is odd, and I can't figure out what the 'ministry' does with it. I will say though that it's nice to see so many white kids enjoying themselves.
A few things:
- This country was NOT founded on 'GOD'. It was founded on the principals of Freedom... originally only white people, but we've come pretty far on that... we still need a little work in that area... okay, we were founded on not paying taxes then... wait, we pay outrageous taxes, some of which the founding fathers fought to rebel from... okay... we are founded on.... uh... SHOW THE FLAG AGAIN!!
- By the way, the whole Flag and Cross image right in the beginning? That's some scary shit, right? I mean, how far off is that from say the Russian Flag and Stalin or the Nazi Germany Flag and Hitler... OH, that's where I saw all those kids before!
- But.... Now.... This.... (QUE THE FUCKING FLAG!!!!!!) NATION!
- Music?! Seriously?
- 'Pollute' over Hillary? I'm confused.
- Was that The Simpsons?
- Then all the weird, not-really-cohesive-or-pertinent-crap starts.