Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This American Life Needs Us!!



Okay, I love This American Life, the most unique and wonderful radio program that ever graced these ears. If you listen to the show, great! I feel like we can connect. If you haven't heard of it, that's fine... just make sure you give it a listen PRONTO. If you have heard of it but haven't listened to it yet, see previous statement. If you don't like the show, then I have no time for you seeing as you can't even exist anyway cuz NO ONE doesn't like This American Life!

That said, they are feeling the economic crunch. WBEZ in Chacago, where TAL calls home, has already had to lay off a dozen or so people and may ahve to do more trimming in the budget. So here is the deal. Most poeple that listen to the show do so by downloading the free FREE! podcast each monday of the episode that aired brand spanking new on friday. This costs WBEZ 150,000 dollars a year for bandwitdth alone! All so we can listen for free.

SO.... Ira Glass is calling on you. And me. I already donated today and want to give you the same oppurtunity. Click the following to do so:

DONATE DONATE DONATE!!!


Oh, and if you are so inclined, it's tax-deductible. I have never asked for money on here*, but I really love the show and you more people need to hear it. Thanks for reading my begging/diatribe.









*If you want to give me money for the site though, you should.

No comments: